Monday, March 9, 2009

Obsession is a dangerous state of mind

I realized I'm getting too worked up over tennis. Progress has been great, I even recontacted my ex-coach, and I'm taking a few lessons to brush things up.

There's a point where you want something too much it starts to become unhealthy and I have a feeling I'm starting to cross that line... So it's time to pull back.
In the past week my meal times have been inconsistent becoz of practice. As a result my stomach has been making me sick. I should have known better coz I'm very routine based. A change in my daily schedule can mess things up.

I need to remember the promise I made to myself last year. To be better to myself and not take health for granted.

* * * * * * * *
Enuff of unhappy stuff. I actually forgot to mention I'm on a one week break now! Been running around a lot these few days.

On Saturday went to my eldest sis' place! Yeah, she's moving out with Alvin. Their place looks great, it has an overall simple yet modern feel. Not to mention a very comfortable sofa set!

After that, I followed my other sis and Gerard to a costume/party shop coz they were looking for masks for a themed dinner. Haha we tried on all sorts of funny masks and had lots of laughs... I think I will upload the pics on facebook. After that we went to 1U for lunch and shopped a little. We took summore lame pics there. I will upload a.s.a.p.

On Sunday went for lunch at a hotel in KL to celebrate a certain occasion along with Alvin's brother and his wife. Unfortunately for me, this was the day my stomach decided to turn upside down so I couldn't eat much. =(
Then at night I went for my first tennis lesson in more than 15 months. It was a strange feeling to see our coach Mr.Ong again after so long. He hasn't change much. I totally had that nostalgic feeling when I was back on the court at Taman Tun. All the good times I had back in 2007 came slowly back into my mind. =)

Initially my sis and I tot we could "show off" in front of Mr.Ong by showing him how much we have improved since we last saw him. But our plan kinda backfired coz he totally humbled us to the ground with hard shots. I guess he adjusts his level of play based on our performance. Haha after all he is our sifu.

But it was really good. He made me run my legs off, and I was gasping for air most of the time. But I think being pushed like that is the only way to improve. I always play better during lessons. Coz when u hav a coach observing, u don't want to play badly and get nagged at.


That's about it loh... Lately I've been suffering from sleep problems. Maybe it's anxiety. I dunno why I'm so restless even though I'm on holiday. Always waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes getting nightmares and for the record I don't have dreams often, so it's very rare. Haih... hope I can sleep tonite.

I like this song. The lyrics are so clear cut. No holding back.

No comments: