Friday, March 6, 2009

Number 200

This is officially my 200th post LOL.

I really didn't expect this blog to stay alive for so long. After all, I'm very hot hot chicken shit wan. (That's a direct translation of "hangat hangat tahi ayam")
I must admit I'm addicted to blogging. Coz sometimes I just have a lot to say. A facebook status update is just not sufficient for me. So thank U 4 visiting and being my listener!!!!!

* * * * *
Today was another tiring day. Went to play tennis with Yu Xuan as part of my so called training program. On our way we were joking saying that we were lucky coz it looked like it was going to rain earlier but then it wasn't when we got there.

SOMEHOW I HAD A GUT FEELING THAT WE SPOKE TOO SOON.

Barely 15 minutes into the game and it's pouring... (Actually I'm not surprise, considering how much rain loves me nowadays) Luckily it got lighter soon. Sure enough the court was completely wet but we played anyway. The balls soaked up so much water that my pants got soggy when I put them in the pocket.

I'm just glad we had our game. Today we played a best of 3 format match. Whoa, I really admire Yu Xuan's athleticism. I think I said this before... I just think it's amazing how well he can strike the ball even though he doesn't play tennis often. I guess he just has that 'sports' gene in him haha.

I think playing with him is a good way to measure your fitness level. If you can stand toe to toe with him and hold your ground, that means u r on the right track. But if he totally trashes u in a match then u know u need to work much harder. Today I lost the first set 10-8 in the tie break, and the second set went to 6-5 but we couldn't finish the match coz time was up. Even though I lost I'm still kinda happy coz I think I put up a good fight. The second set could have ended when he was leading 5-2, but i won 3 games in a row to level the set.

But today's game made me realize or should i say reminded me of my greatest weakness in tennis, which sadly IS my inability to retrieve hard shots. In order words, I'm always over powered by ppl who constantly hit hard. I guess I need to react faster, move a little faster, pull back my racket a little earlier, and keep my eyes on the ball at all times.


U know sometimes I feel a bit strange. Coz I'm putting so much focus into tennis, so I have this fear that if things go badly in the tournament, then all my effort will be wasted. And it's not just that. I also wonder if I should be playing tennis in the first place. I dunno, sometimes I can't help but doubt myself...... Am I doing the right thing? Why do I care so much? Is it healthy to push myself this hard?

So many questions that I wish I had the answers to.

No comments: