Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Let's Get Physical

Not what u might have been thinking... =P

I'm talking about my preparation for a tennis tournament next month.
Actually it's just a mini tournament, one of the events in the MUFY Games.
The 'MUFY Games' is like our sports day.

I'm totally excited. I just love competition.
Competition brings out the best (and in some cases maybe the worst) in us... But I really like the idea of striving for success and glory. U know, by depending on yourself, making ur own path.

Needless to say I want to win it or at least win a couple of matches, but I have to be very realistic about my chances. I feel confident about the technical side of my game, but the main concern now is fitness. I admit my health has been on a downward spiral for the past few months. So in order to boost my chances, I need to get 'fit' again, so I need to work out.... a lot!

Right now I'm crafting a month long intense training plan. So far I went jogging yesterday, today I went to practice my serve, and I also spent an hour in the gym. So tiring! My legs are so sore right now... Tomoro I will be going to the tennis court again to practice serving and on Friday I will be having a 2 hour practice session with a high school friend. =)

Actually I'm finding it difficult coz there are so many assignments, tests and presentations coming up. It's all about time management, and I suck at it. Right now there is about 29 days left. Not much time... I will need to hit lots of balls each week in order to be ready.

But talk is cheap. I hope I can really find the motivation to continue doing the things I mentioned above. So I could really use your help! Please push me, and if u want to train with me, I'm more than happy!!!

I've always been wanting to make a comeback since my game fell into pieces last year. 2009 has a good vibe to it, so I hope this will be THE year. The last time I played in a tournament was in 2007. But things are different now, coz I've improved since my miserable attempt 2 years ago.

I just pray that history won't repeat itself.

No comments: