Monday, June 14, 2010

One Week

Exactly one week till my first paper. At times it feels like an eternity, like I've been revising forever. One week has passed since my last update. Nothing much happened really, just reading day after day. Not sure how much will stay in my head though.

It's weird. When you're on study break, it's like you are wrapped in your own bubble. Not going to Uni makes me feel isolated, like how a Kung Fu master would hide in a cave to train for weeks before emerging at the dawn of the martial arts competition (if that makes any sense LOL). Was never a fan of group study, it's tradition for me to prepare alone.

When studying at home, I can't help but wonder what my course mates are up to. What's their progress? I like to put myself in the middle. There's always someone behind me (which is comforting in a twisted way) but there is also a handful that's much much more diligent than me. So I only compare myself with them. The feeling of not being good enough can be a strong driving force. It's quite inspiring when you have peers that are so determined to succeed, it makes me think it's possible to work even harder than what I'm doing now.

OK enough of that, I'm not working that hard actually. Not the type of person that can stay up all night to read. I still get plenty of sleep, and I sandwich in plenty of breaks between study sessions. Love to take snack breaks, listen to music, still watch quite a lot of TV.

I believe in self rewarding. If you finish what you're supposed to read for the day, then heck you deserve a damn break! I don't understand why some get so uptight about exams. I care about it immensely, but still it's no reason to get edgy. It's harder to remember facts when you're stressed out!


SO listen to some music and have a good week everyone!

No comments: