Friday, June 18, 2010

First Days

First days make me nervous.

Not necessarily first times, it could be something I have done a hundred times before, but doing it for the first day since a long time somehow unsettles me.

First day of a semester after a holiday.
First day driving to uni after not dealing with morning traffic in a while.
AND of course...
First day of an exam.

It's not about how difficult the paper is, and it doesn't matter how prepared you are. It's the process. Maybe it's because I have forgotten what it's like, so the uncertainty scares me a bit.

BUT it's amazing how fast the nerves go away. I like the moment right after you do it and think "Gee that wasn't so bad after all" and then everything goes back to normal.


SO yeah, I just need to get myself through Day One. The clock is ticking.

No comments: