Tuesday, April 21, 2009

who's at no.1?

Hey.

It's been a few days since that incident, I don't know whether the matter is solved or not as no culprit has been named. But this whole thing seems to be dying down on its own. Everyone is quiet about it and I'm certainly not going to complain.

Move On.
I wanna talk about a few things.

Firstly have u heard of Susan Boyle? She's been making headlines everywhere. I saw her on TV, heard her being mentioned on radio and there were articles in 'The Star' on her.
Some call her the latest YouTube phenomenon. It all started with her audition on Britain's Got Talent. Go watch the video on YouTube. Simon Cowell's reaction is priceless.
Classic example that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Appearance is not a measure of how great a person is.

Next.

There's a change in the top rank of professional women's tennis. Russian Dinara Safina replaces Serena Williams as the new world no.1. There has been criticism, as Dinara hasn't won a Grand Slam and some feel she doesn't deserve the spot. This happened becoz Dinara played more tournaments than Serena, even though she hasn't won a major, her consistency earned her enough points to sneak to the top. Players like Serena and Venus, they are greater players, however they focus only on big events.

I feel Serena should be no.1, coz she's the better player currently. But honestly, if I were a pro player, I would appreciate the current ranking system, as it gives a chance for all players to improve their rankings and catch up with top players. The current system encourages players to play in as many tournaments as possible, and you don't have to win the final to gain points.

The best solution is that Dinara win a Grand Slam to silent the critics. But it's much easier said than done.
Speaking of tennis, I haven't played in a couple of weeks due to problems with court booking. There's a tournament next Sat at college, but I feel there isn't time to prepare and my current form is terrible. I find it incredibly hard to stay consistent. Initially I wanted to join but then decided not to becoz this is a team event, so ur performance affects the overall outcome of ur team and I don't want to disappoint anyone. There is pressure. Ur not just playing as yourself. Ur representing your course. Besides, when I checked the registration list, many MUFY-ians had already signed up. So I wish them the best of luck, while I hang around and wonder if I'll ever play in a tournament again.


OK lately my neighbourhood has been flooded with mosquitoes. They r everywhere and can be so annoying. Especially when they keep buzzing into ur ears when ur trying to have a good night's sleep.

Tomoro got English assessment. Written test for Theme Studies. After this week, there are many more tests including trials all the way until my finals begin on 22 May. Now it's seriously time to shift gears and kick some exam butt.

Sorry for talking so much. I know my posts are usually lengthy, so I will be amazed if u actually read them. Thanks =)

No comments: