Monday, April 13, 2009

Whale Whale!

Gosh I don't know why I was excited about seeing the whale at Mid Valley. Did u see it?

OK for those of u who are unaware, it's not a real whale, but simply a life size model of a baby blue whale made using fibreglass in Australia. It's an exhibition by National Geographic to create awareness about the Big Blue Whale, which is endangered and their numbers are decreasing. I saw a bit of the documentary on the National Geographic channel on Sunday night. This animal is just cool (and HUGE!), but so much about this mammal remains a mystery as it is not a simple task to study them. In the first place just spotting one in the gigantic ocean seems impossible!

It's just amazing to see something so majestic in size, but yet so elegant. Somehow it reminds me of Roger Federer hahaha...


Oh... Look at this pic of me touching the whale, let me sing u a little Katy Perry:
"I touched a whale and I liked it, the feel of it's solid body,
I touched a whale just to try it, hope my pet fish don't mind it,
It felt so wrong, It felt so right,
Don't mean I'm in love tonight,
I kissed (I mean touched) a whale's fin and I liked it... I liked it.
Those whales they are so magical, soft skin, BIG lips, so kissable(?),
Hard to resist, so touchable, too good to deny it,
Ain't no big deal, it's innocent...." =P
OK enough of whaleling around... I actually went back to CHS on Saturday to see the inter uniform body marching competition. It's been so long since my marching days, I reli don't know what to say... I remember the first year it was organised I was a participant, the next year I was part of the organizing committee, then last year I went back as a judge (god knows why I was invited since I'm not really qualified to judge) and this year I'm simply a spectator. Not sure if I will be going next year, coz I feel my connection with the uniform society days is diminishing rather quickly.
But it was good to see my juniors, just to see that the society is doing well. But every now and then when I go back there, my juniors look less and less familiar. Got new members coming in, and the most interesting thing is how much some of them have grown.
OK....... This week got yet another oral presentation. This time is group work for Theme Studies. This is the last presentation. I just wanna get it done. Preparing for presentations can be tiring. There is so much thought that needs to be put in to produce something meaningful. However sometimes the lecturer may not appreciate the end product. Sometimes I don't know what she wants. I just hope she will have mercy this Sat =P

No comments: