Sunday, February 22, 2009

Totally N.K.B.

Some of u must be wondering what N.K.B. is.
It's a term I picked up in NS, in fact it was commonly used by the trainers in my camp.

OK... Suspense over. N.K.B. simply stands for 'nasib kurang baik'. Haha now that u know, it seems kinda lame rite =P

As I was saying, the past 2 days have been really N.K.B...
Went to play tennis on Friday nite, barely half an hour into the game it starts pouring and we get drenched, scrambling into the car.
Wanted to play on Saturday evening, before we could even leave the house, it was raining. =(
But we went anyway after it stopped. We played for a while, and what do you know? More rain.

Sigh. Rain can really make or break a tennis player's day.
The government should invest in making more indoor courts. Since they are already trying to promote this sport (like by paying Roger Federer to come play an exhibition match) they may as well put in more effort to encourage Malaysians to participate.

And it's not just the rain. The extreme and unpredictable weather in this country makes it hard for the players. It's either burning hot or sometimes freakishly windy. Not to mention that certain public tennis courts are so worn out, maintenance is long overdue.

I know tennis is not a world changing or life saving activity. Maybe that's why it's not given priority here. But still, there are ppl who care about this sport.

To be honest, I don't know why I like tennis so much. I just do.
Tennis makes me feel good about myself.
It has offered me so much, taught me so much about being an individual.
And I have invested so much time and energy into it.
Tennis allows me to explore my potential, to constantly improve.
Maybe that's why our relationship works.
I love tennis, and tennis loves me back in the sense that it will never abandon me.
It's like a rock that I can always hold on to.


You must think I'm crazy. Yeah maybe I am, but at least I feel good and I believe in myself. =)

No comments: