Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stressing Myself

Today is a stressful day. Just went through a stressful moment.

Actually it's not that stressful, but I made it stressful becoz I have a tendency of stressing myself out in stressful situations, which some people may not consider to be that stressful, either becoz they can handle stress well or simply becoz they don't care as much as I do.

If you noticed, I'm using the word 'stress' a lot... That's becoz I'm tensed right now, and I'm not thinking straight...

OK. Here's the deal. I'm supposed to submit the proposal form for my Eng research project tomorrow. But the problem is I can't decide on a topic. That's not the main problem.

You see, after I did some brainstorming and narrowed my choices down to a few topics, I began to look for credible sources. I need at least 7 articles for my proposal tomorrow, and for the whole project, I need around 20. (what the...)

So, I tried looking for info on the topics.... There r lots of useful info on Google, but the problem is most of it is not credible/reliable source, which means I can't use it for academic research. So I tried going to the Sunway Online Databases and the Library Web Catalogue, but then the problem is not many articles came up. So all my topics cannot use.......

In desperation I consulted my sis, who explained to me that sometimes the articles are not that clear cut, sometimes the articles we use are not directly related to the main topic, in the sense that the key word may not be in the article. Very hard to explain now, but I understand.... She also explained to me the process of writing a research paper, which IN ACTUAL FACT is bloody hard. Coz it requires a looooooooooottttt of work!!! I totally underestimated the situation. It requires a lot of reading, analysing and then you have to justify your stand point. Something which I suck at coz I ain't that bright. Oh man....

Haih.... Luckily my sis suggested a decent topic. I managed to find some articles for the topic but I'm still not sure yet. I can come up with the thesis statement, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to come up with the required 3 arguments to support the TS. The three arguments should be distinct, which is kinda hard coz the topic is pretty general, so you have to play around with the info u have and construct the sentences carefully to make it sound like you have different arguments, which actually is all about the same thing.

Due to the time constrain, I guess I'll have to stick with this topic. Not something I like, but at least got a lot of info. Once the topic is fixed this week it cannot be changed, but I guess I can handle any topic as long as I put in enough effort to find and study and analyse the articles........


Sorry for talking so much.
I just need to let it out. Just to let someone know about the conflict I'm going through.
I feel better now. Better get back to work. Sigh. I hate working under pressure.

No comments: