Friday, January 9, 2009

1 week down

And many many more to go.
There hasn't been much action this week in college.
The campus is rather quiet coz some students aren't back yet. Maybe it will get livelier next week.

Classes have barely started. Everyone's still settling down and the lecturers are sorting things out. But I already have a taste of what this semester is gonna be like. I predict a number of stressful times coz I hav 2 lengthy research projects and not to mention tackling moral studies which i know i'm gonna dread.

But things aren't all cloudy. I actually feel more comfortable with everything now compared to the previous sem. I'm trying to be more positive and outgoing (*cough*) so i hope my effort will come through to the ppl there...
(sigh why do i even bother to please other ppl? i should just be myself...lol)

Oh, and this week i've been driving to college. It's OK, except when you're late there is limited car park. Also, traffic jams are bloody annoying. That's why I hav some good music to keep me company.

I realized I haven't been talking much about tennis lately. The Australian Open starts later this month, but right now there are some interesting tournaments too like the Hopman Cup and the Qatar Open.
I think men's tennis is going to be more interesting this year becoz it has become so unpredictable. Andy Murray got off to a good 2009 by beating both Federer and Nadal in exhibition matches. I saw Andy Roddick play today and I noticed he has added variety to his game, specifically the slice which is really working well for him. Federer has a lot to prove this year, while Nadal has to work even harder to maintain the World No.1 ranking. I actually have a feeling that Nadal won't be staying at the top position for long. As for Djokovic, I really don't know. Haven't seen him play this year so I don't know what kind of form he is in. And don't forget the rising stars like Gilles Simon, Ernest Gulbis & Gael Monfils.

The women's game is equally exciting. I think Jelena Jankovic will finally win a grand slam this year. Serena Williams is so unpredictable we never know what to expect. When she's good she's unbeatable, but when she's bad, it's like watching her self destruct. Her sister Venus is more stable, she usually improves from match to match. So if she's playing well in a streak she has a high chance of winning. Dinara Safina has power, but sometimes too much and over hits. I hope Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic will stage great comebacks, coz they're both talented players. There are still so many more strong contenders it's impossible to name them all. Some that come to mind include Victoria Azarenka, Dominka Cibulkova, Vera Zvonareva.

WOW I'm so excited. There's gonna be a lot of good matches in 2009. I also look forward to improve on my own game. Had my first game of the year last week and it went pretty well. Will be playing tomorrow and Sunday if it's not raining. (fingers crossed) =)

No comments: