Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Australian Open!

I'm happy that the first grand slam of the year is here!

The conditions at Melbourne Park have always been gruelling, many players have complained about the burning heat and there has been calls to push the Aussie Open to February. But that's not to happen in 2009, as the event goes on.
The Rod Laver Arena is beautiful. The stadium has a nice roundish shape and i also like the colour of the court, it's really good for the TV audience coz of the contrast between the bright yellow balls and the blue court. I think the Australian Open is the most modern and up to date Slam compared to the other 3.

I just saw Nadal play his first round match and all i can say is WOW! He completely trashed his opponent with his super powerful forehand. The winners were coming non-stop. I've never seen Nadal play so well before. He is definitely my favourite to win the tournament. My second choice would be Murray. Sorry but I don't see Federer or Djokovic winning this year.
So glad that next week got CNY break. That means i can watch all the matches from the quarter finals onwards hahahahahaha....

=)

No comments: