Sunday, May 31, 2009

Still Hungry

Not talking about literal hunger as you have probably guessed.

Went to play badminton & tennis last night.

Everything went well, OH WAIT, except the part where the idiotic management of the condo somehow double booked the tennis court AGAIN!!! Meaning 2 ppl made the booking for a particular slot at the same time.

It's quite an unpleasant feeling when you're so eager to get on the court to play, only to find that someone else is playing when you get there. I don't blame them, it's not their fault. All of us are victims of poor management and a lousy booking system by the authority. I promise I will give the management a piece of my mind in the future.

In the end we reached a settlement with the Korean guys that also made a booking. They played the first half an hour, and we played the second. BUT seriously, playing half an hour is barely enough to break sweat. Totally "tak syok" if you know what I mean.

But I guess there's always a positive in everything. For one, I was pleased with my play even though it's been quite long since I last played. And I guess we made some new Korean friends, though I don't remember their names. (Sorry, I can't remember names. Besides, at that time all I could think about was playing tennis. I think one was Jeff or something)

Yesterday's game made me realize that I'm still hungry, that I still have the desire to improve and play in competitions. Maybe about a month ago, when I wasn't playing that well, I had thoughts of stopping. Sometimes I just feel like I'm not strong enough to play competitive tennis. It can be quite demoralising when you get trashed and pushed around the court.

But that's in the past. After my finals, I will dedicate my break to work on my game. So if you wanna come play with me, I'm more than happy. Seriously guys, just give me a call.

No comments: