Sunday, April 17, 2011

I survived

This past week has been really tiring... the amount of sleep I got was minimal (broke my personal record), combined with the stress equals pimples and dark eye circles. But I wasn't alone. All my course mates were having long nights too, so I tried my best to suck it up and focus on the work and not waste time because TIME was indeed the limiting factor.

I have never been more glad to be on the other side of adversity. It feels like I have been released from physical and mental torture... Picture an abused bird finally flying out from a cage and zooming around the sky freely like crazy. The most important thing was to clock in on some sleep. Felt awesome not being rudely awoken in the morning by the familiar sound of the alarm. It's like you're suddenly jolted and your eyes pop open and you rush to put an end to that loud, in-your-face noise. Never realized how getting sufficient sleep really puts one in a much better mood.

Spent much of the weekend dining out with family. It's therapy for me. Good food with good company. :)

And for those of you who don't already know, my internship application has been approved!!! Was really surprised how quickly the company responded. The HR department was efficient and friendly. That strengthened my liking and faith towards the company. I think I'm really going to learn a lot working for 3 months in the food industry. And since it's quite a big and established company, I would expect a professional work setting and up to standard laboratories.

I have been assigned to the Quality Assurance department, which is one of the major career paths for a Food Science graduate. The other options include R&D, product development, technical sales, government regulatory, etc.

But the industrial training doesn't start until I finish my exam in November... so it's a long time to go. I'm definitely looking forward to it, but the long work hours are slightly intimidating... Hope I don't get burned out by the hours!!

Writing way too much already, I have a feeling you're about to close this window. So BYE for now, and BE HAPPY!! If you're going through a tough time now with assignments, work or just life, stay strong alright, because every time you pull through a rough patch, you become that much stronger and wiser. Very true.
:)

No comments: