Saturday, February 13, 2010

last day last minute cleaning

Everyone knows the "no sweeping on the first day of CNY" rule. It doesn't make sense. I suspect it started years ago when ppl were lazy to do housework so they made this up as an excuse to slack off.

We spent much of today cleaning the house, with the help of the part-time maid of course.
The cleaning wasn't about tradition. For me it's just nice to be in a clean state. Also it would be super embarrassing if relatives & friends came over next week and saw how filthy the house is.

I like the smell of detergent, the touch of new sheets, dust free furniture and shiny, reflective surface of the mopped floors.

OK maybe not reflective.


Almost got into an accident while picking up the maid this morning. If I hadn't stepped on the breaks hard enough, my car would have been crushed.... and my mum and I would probably be in a hospital now.

Talk about a narrow escape.


SO YEAH... I'm glad I'm alive to celebrate CNY tomorrow.
Have a good one guys! :)

No comments: