Friday, February 26, 2010

Gear Up

I said on twitter that all good things come to an end.

The past 3 months has just been amazing. I find holidays therapeutic. A time to indulge in your creativity, doing things you normally wouldn't have the time for.
Had my first office job, launched Yhart Sale, catching up with high school mates, celebrating CNY.... There wasn't a dull moment.

Ironically I'm starting to feel bored now. Just quietly soaking up the last moments of what seems to be a dream. I guess the boredom is timely considering my semester begins next Monday.


I'm ready for "reality". In a strange way I look forward to it. I know that sounds insane and is unlike me, but deep down there's something about education that excites me. Don't you agree? Just to move on to the next chapter, and experience some sort of progress.

Holidays are indulgent, but for the same reason they also feel floaty, like being suspended in your own bubble and unable to push ahead. It's a joyful period but you don't want to be stuck there forever.

To sum up everything in one sentence: I'm ready to move on from my holiday.
(yeah I know I say way too much)


P.S. I like this song. Odd but interesting collaboration between Timbaland and Katy Perry. The music video is about a jewelry thief who falls for an art thief. Go figure.

No comments: