Monday, August 10, 2009

Nineteen

First of all,
thanks for the b*day wishes everyone, whether from fb, sms, msn, etc. It was nice!!!

Wow I'm 19! My last year as a TEENager. I still feel young, but in terms of personal growth I think we have come a long way. It's natural. Just last week I was looking back at my high school days coz my juniors had AGM recently, I realized I've changed mentally since going to college and being away from the confined world of public schools. Oh and being able to drive is certainly a liberty.
Right now I'm capable of making decisions for myself, something I was probably hesitant to do 2 years ago.

Actually turning 19 seems no big deal compared to the big 18, where we officially turn legal and stuff. Now it's just like a confirmation that we're definitely legal hahaha =P

Birthday on a Sunday is pretty relaxing. Things were done a little differently this year.
For instance, my birthday was also Guan Yin Dan, so we went to the temple for prayers & blessings.
I had fancy Thai food with family. Something different.
Of course I had giant Birthday Milk Tea at Wong Kok. =)
And instead of buying a whole cake, we bought 2 slices (coz we were so full), which was simple but nice.


You know what's my favourite part of birthdays?
It's the wish you get to make before blowing out the candles. I always believed wishes made on birthdays are more likely to come true. But have to make realistic wishes lah! Don't waste it, coz it's only once a year!
=)

No comments: