Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let's Roll

This is a phrase I constantly say when I'm about to go somewhere. If it sounds just a little familiar, you have probably heard it from a certain cartoon ;)

Didn't plan to talk about the new year so soon, but I won't be around on the 30th onwards. Going for trip to P.D. & Melaka with high school mates! It's been a while since I went for one, and the fact that I get to countdown to 2010 with them makes this trip even more meaningful :)

Year 2000 - 2009
This decade has been amazing. From finishing UPSR to all the years I spent at CHS then moving on to college and now university, just cool to see how much we have learned in 10 years!

I think it's safe to say all of us achieved substantial growth, not just physically, but also mentally, emotionally, spiritually. (gosh this sounds like a moral essay)

This decade has taught me to appreciate so many things.
Sure, there were bumps along the way, but I wouldn't change most of it.

I know this sounds so corny, but I believe the hardships in life define who we are. The good things in life doesn't change us, YES we enjoy it, but we take it for granted for the most part.
Conversely, it's the bad stuff, the shit that we have to put up with over and over again, THAT is what makes us grow, what makes us want to be better. In a way, it gives purpose to live.

OK I should stop with the philosophy....

Year 2010 & beyond
I'm excited for the future, nervous, but more excited. So many possibilities. The only thing that scares me is how quickly time passes, and how little I have achieved in 19 years. How many years do I have left, just what exactly do I want to do with my life? This is the big question I'm still seeking to answer.

On a lighter note, I hope everyone has a blessed 2010!!! I like new years becoz it's the perfect time to reflect on the past before given a chance to start over. Like hitting the refresh button and being presented with a new blank page!

I will be back on the 2th... As usual, my list of new year's resolution will follow.

Love :)

No comments: