Saturday, December 19, 2009

About Fast Food

The desire to blog is waning. Less to say these days.

I feel better I think. It varies actually. Sometimes after a meal I expect to feel sick, but nothing happens. Other times it's torture. Luckily it doesn't last long. Maybe 5 minutes?

Had fast food this morning. I know it's not an ideal breakfast, but I was forced into it. Not by anyone, but by the circumstances. There was nothing else there so it was either fried food or hunger.

Obviously fast food is popular, I understand the appeal. Anything fried tastes better rite? But I don't get why people go for it (including myself) even though they know it's UNHEALTHY especially when they have a CHOICE. You can go to a cafe or restaurant for better food.

Besides fast food isn't cheap these days... consider a set meal that comes with a tiny burger, over fried french fries with a little bit too much salt, and gosh soft drinks that's just filled with gas. You may as well pay a lil more somewhere else for a decent meal.

The only plus point I see about fast food is the convenience, the speed. After all it's FAST food. But once I waited in an A&W outlet for 20 minutes to get my onion rings.

Malaysians should eat healthier. Kids love their regular dose of McD & KFC. Perhaps the fast food culture should be revised. Implementing alternative choices to the menu would be nice, after all not everyone who walks into McDonalds wants to drink Pepsi. I think soft drinks should be minimized. Offer juices into value meals. I know currently you can pay an additional RM1 to change the drink, so why not offer something healthier in the first place! If ppl want soft drinks, make THEM pay an additional RM1 to deter the public from spoiling themselves.

And what's with fries nowadays? Almost always over fried, and too much salt! An over sensation for the tounge. Wouldn't it be nice if they offered mash or potato salad instead?

OK I know healthier choices require additional costs, but like I said, fast food is no longer cheap anyway.

Think about it. Wouldn't you like to see some changes?

No comments: