Saturday, December 5, 2009

Office Life & Results

Life as an employee is interesting.

I always hear how being a student is better than working. But I think I prefer working. Sure, the hours are long and tiring, you can't play or joke as much, but I just like it.

Maybe it's the initial excitement of venturing unfamiliar territory, or the fact that I'm a plain workaholic.

I like the office environment, I like having my own desk. I like dressing for work. I like sneaking to the pantry for a break and munching on the supply of biscuits and chocolate. I like going for lunch breaks with colleagues. I like the fact that I'm contributing.

I feel more mature. I feel more professional.
And this is only data entry.
I can't wait to experience real work related to food science and tech when I graduate!

I just like work. Sounds insane but it makes me feel good about myself. Tired body, dry eyes to the point of tearing, but satisfying.

I got so worked up about work I totally forgot that exam results were out! Yeah, since the last paper I never thought about results even once until I saw some Monash mates blog about it.

Was a little nervous to log in to see it, but hey I guess I always knew there was nothing to worry about. Not to sound snobby, but I mean you know how hard you studied and how you answered the paper, so the results shouldn't come as a big shock to you right?

The only flaw is with Bio. 1 mark away from HD. Just 1. Why didn't they just give it to me?
But I'm still happy and thankful, truly. Things could have gone a whole lot nastier.

OK, so life goes on...
1 more week of work, then I will chill for a while, celebrate Christmas and then we'll all be saying goodbye to 2009. Ah December........

No comments: