Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Work Shoe Virgin

Today's my day off. Putting project aside for now.

Went to Jaya Jusco at 1U, it's their member day! Lots of stuff 70% off, totally worth it.
Seriously packed, everyone wants some. Was a bit taken back by the crowd, but i felt right at home minutes later.

Oh did I mention I'm working part time at an office for 2 weeks, beginning next Monday?
Yeah, I realized I have no work clothes, aside from the 1 formal shirt I wear for presentations.

SO today I covered myself from head to toe. Shirts, pants, shoes.

AND I have to say, I'm a total virgin when it comes to buying formal shoes. They all look the same to me- ugly! The front looks like the snout of a duck. In the end, I asked my mum to pick one coz I was lost in the sea of leather and skin. This almost never happens, me turning to my mum for fashion advice!!! What next, pigs flying in the air?

My style is more of casual, I have pretty much mastered the craft in the sense that I can tell what looks good and what doesn't. BUT formal wear is a totally different pond. I'm like a fish out of water.

And I wish I was thicker in the thighs and arms and chest. I realized I'm like a walking stick, the shirts and pants look baggy in me, even in the smallest size. So many DIRT CHEAP branded shirts, but not available in my size. I'm already trying my best to grow sideways, but it's just not happening. :(

At least this day is productive. Tomorrow the curtains will be pulled on my work, and on Friday the Wong siblings are off to Genting! Apparently there is new stuff to check out. Anyone wanna go meet me there? I'll buy McDonalds! :)

Life's Good.

No comments: