Tuesday, November 10, 2009

When life comes crashing

Or I should say when my laptop decides to crash on me... Basically things look grim.

Electronics/Technology is not my thing. If I were a character in Sims 3, "technophobe" would be one of my listed traits, among 'neurotic', 'over-emotional' and 'neat'.

Sigh.
Actually I don't feel too bad... becoz the important uni documents are all saved in my thumbdrive. Most music files I have copied into my mp3.

The most valuable data I would have lost is pictures... esp the 'Yhart' folder containing some memorable and new material. =(
Once art is lost, it is impossible to re-create. Even if I did try, it won't feel the same. It will be pseudo.

Another thing I'm gonna miss is all the programs! Sure they can be reinstalled, but gees it's gonna be a real pain to do it all again.
And all the settings that I have grown accustomed to... the little things...

Will have to start from scratch again.

MORAL of the story:
It's only when our luxuries have been stripped away that we realize how much we actually take for granted.
Everytime something is taken away from me, I realize what a moron I was for not appreciating it more before. We all experience this. But after some time, we tend to forget this reasoning and revert to being our ignorant, non-appreciative selves until something is taken away from us again. It's like a cycle. Right now I'm in the remorseful phase.


LESSON of the story
Guys, always back up your files regularly! Don't wait till something bad happens to do it.
And don't form an attachment to computers because eventually they will die on you.
It could happen sooner than you think.
So BEWARE... No, I mean BE AWARE! (not trying to scare you, just saying)

No comments: