Sunday, July 6, 2008

OBE 4 Kylie

03.07.2008 (extracted from www.kylie.com)

Many congratulations to Kylie who has been formally appointed OBE by the Prince of Wales at a Buckingham Palace ceremony this morning!
Kylie was accompanied by her parents Ron and Carol, her sister Dannii and her manager Terry on this very special occasion.

"It is an incredible honour for me to receive this award," said Kylie. "It makes me feel both humble and proud to be recognized for doing a job that I love so much."
Speaking after the ceremony to the waiting press Kylie admitted to feeling a little nervous but added "I was very excited and to have my family here was magical... I do feel very proud. I think my job, aside from making music, is about communication and this symbolises my communication with my audience around the world."
Of her medal, Kylie said: "I'll admire it for a while, and then keep it safe in its box!"

No comments: