Monday, November 28, 2011

Internship & Kylie

Hey everyone!!!

Wow it has been more than 3 months since I updated! Lost the blogging mojo I guess.

Hmmmm since my birthday in August I've just been finishing my semester of never ending assignments, then came the exams which ended on 17 Nov. Routine lah.

Barely a week later my internship started! To be honest I wasn't too enthusiastic because I didn't had any time to rest and unwind after the exams. And the internship period spans 14 weeks going all the way till my final sem at Monash starts. In other words I'm working the entire summer break. Bummer rite :/

Holiday deprivation aside, the work is actually a good learning experience. Just 1 week in, and I've already picked up a lot of practical knowledge, including understanding the manufacturing process hands on, and how things flow from raw materials to finished goods to distribution. It involves a lot of people and work.

Still not entirely used to the working life. The long hours and socializing bit isn't really my forte. But a plus point is that once you get home from work, you can chill the rest of the night and also during weekends becoz there's no homework hahaha :)

Another thing which made me want to blog is that this week Kylie has been inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame, which is a really really big deal for any musician in Australia. I'm as proud of Kylie as she is proud to be Australian!

If you have time, listen to her acceptance speech after being presented the award by Aussie PM Julia Gillard.



No comments: