Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

Yes, 3 exclamation marks are needed to express the excitement of welcoming the new year.

The change of year is always refreshing because it gives the impression of starting over with a clean slate. A brand new you. Yes it's so damn cliched, but that's how I feel haha! :P

A bit of reflection is in order.
2011 has been really good to me, health wise, studies wise, travel wise, etc. I actually checked my 2011 resolutions (which I totally forgot) a couple of days ago and was pleasantly surprised that I managed to fulfill all of them!!

Hahaha the key is to NOT set goals that are too specific. Being a little vague when setting them makes it so much more achievable! And in turn that makes me a happier person LOL :)

So far I'm still not completely used to the idea of having to work in December.. which traditionally has always been a month of holidaying and celebration for me. But I'm definitely getting the hang of working in the industry.
It takes time to understand the office hierarchy and politics and relationships between employees in the same department, and between departments... and see how it all comes together in a function. Interesting, but people relations has never and will never be my cup of tea.
I've learned that sometimes drama is inevitable. I just try my best to stay far far away from it >.<

6 weeks in, another 8 weeks to go before I can call it a wrap.

I want 2012 to be even better than last year, and it can only be achieved with a positive state of mind... I will not let any negativity bring me down.

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys!! :)

Oohhh and lately I've been exposed to the music of Malaysian born artist Yuna. She is awesome.. Listen to her to kick start your 2012 ;)

No comments: