Thursday, October 22, 2009

Silence

At this moment the world seems silent, even though the radio in my room is turned on. I can hear the sound of the swirling fan, but still a sense of quietness haunts me. This feeling terrifies me, for I don't want to end up falling into the void within me, engulfed by the deepest regions of my mind.

At this moment the things that I live for seem so small, so insignificant, that I begin questioning the purpose of my life. How shallow is the well that I have been drinking from. I never looked any further because my thirst has always been quenched. Only when the sun dries it out that I realize how naive I have been.

At this moment I should get some sleep, for pondering here right now ain't really a benefit. Over the years I have built a wall that surrounds me, strengthening it with what I call self belief. I guess this is a time where I need to draw from it, until I find the motivation again to break more of life's limits.


Good night.

No comments: