Saturday, October 31, 2009

My First Time......

It wouldn't be me if I didn't talked about it.

My first time...............(drum roll)........................................ in the Monash exam hall (lol)

OK actually this statement is incorrect, it's actually my second visit, but the last time was only for a small test, so it doesnt count.


Exams at Monash are quite different.

What intrigued me the most was the huge (and slightly overwhelming) number of ppl in the exam hall - most of which were not familiar faces. I quickly realized that several papers were conducted in the same hall at the same time. Strange. The only reason I can think of is the ease of supervision of invigilators.... something like killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

The person sitting on my left was taking another paper (not that I was peeking intentionally at her desk haha)

So yeah, I was a little shocked to be packed with so many other exam goers, it took me a while to really settle into my own paper.

Another difference I noticed was the amount of trust and maturity credited to students.
I remember in college the invigilators would treat us like kids and constantly remind (nag) us not to do this and that. But in university, students are treated like professionals. There is no nagging, just a gentle reminder. This I like.

Overall, my first paper turned out fine. There is 3 more to go, and I can only assume things are going to get better in terms of getting adjusted to this new exam environment. =)

No comments: