Saturday, May 10, 2008

Revenge Is Sweet...

yesterday was a great day.

went to play another tennis match... played doubles... i was paired with my sis n the opponent was the combination of Alvin+Gerard...

few days back we played a similar match, we lost in the deciding game... it was tight...

this time round there was no way in hell i'm letting history repeat itself...

n so it did not...

My sis n i won the set(n match) 6-2. now this is a trashing i'm proud of!!!

don't get me wrong, i'm not someone who likes to keep a grudge... believe me it's nothing personal... just business.... the moment i get off the court i don't think about the opponent anymore...instead i focus on my game & the things i need to work on... i know, ppl tend to see me as being overly serious on court, even in training, but that's just how i keep my momentum...

ever since that humiliating loss in the tournament in mid 2007, i swore that i will never ever let another match slip away from me like that.... even if i'm going to lose, i will not back off until the very last point is played...

yesterday's match wasn't my best, but at some key moments i responded well... a match can turn either way in the blink of an eye... so often LUCK plays a role... Also my serve was effective.... YES!!! i've finally regained my service... less double faults from now...

u know, this year hasn't been great in terms of my tennis...becoz of NS n the 3 month break from this sport, i often have doubts... u can easily feel like this when ur game is just falling apart, and no matter how hard u try, nothing seems to work....... the results take a long time to show...

this brought me back to the time when i first started going for lessons , n i was constantly frustrated becoz i was improving at a very slow pace, n i wanted to be good so badly............

n then i started to become more consistent, finding the lines well, n retrieving more shots..... just when things look bright, i had to stop becoz of NS....

NOW, i'm officially back on track... i know i still have miles to go, but i won't stop working hard.. despite the endless frustrations n self doubting, deep down inside i've always believed that i have what it takes to play competitive tennis & triumph...

now that is the truth....
(sorry if this was too long of a post...)

No comments: