Saturday, March 6, 2010

Changes

Time to talk about Uni life... yes I know I'm predictable.
My 2nd semester at Monash, noticed some changes since November.

All computers have been upgraded to Windows 7, operating much faster! :)
Study area outside comp labs refurbished with better desks, installed more fans to combat the ridiculous heat!

The library has a new look. Improved work area, more comfortable seats, and now they have an area with bean bags! Yes lots of it for people to chill/sleep. Also there is a new entrance/exit on the 3rd floor, which makes travelling around the buildings more convenient.

This sem I see more familiar faces. Some high school and college mates have just joined Monash. But some course mates from last sem have disappeared. I don't know where they went... A few have left, some are doing different units so I don't see them, perhaps the rest have transferred to the Australian campuses.

A lot of new faces too. One of my units this sem is FST1800, a food science unit and as the lecturer said we have a good mix of newbies, 2nd sem goers like me, and even 3rd year students taking this unit as an elective.

Don't really like this sem's timetable. Most days lectures drag on to the evening. On Friday there is a 3 hour break between lectures. What am I supposed to do... Lay eggs?


So the first week is about being exposed to changes.
Now comes the more challenging part: Adapting.

No comments: