Thursday, March 10, 2011

Coping

Firstly I feel terribly sorry that I didn't fulfill my promise of writing about my trip last month to Brisbane. Not that I expect anyone to eagerly want to read it, but it's just something I already set out to do but failed to accomplish... so it's more like a personal letdown. Since returning from Aussie I was just consistently occupied with one thing or another, and before you know it the new semester had started.

Just reached the end of week 2.. and I already feel defeated. Having difficulty adjusting to the insane timetable, having classes as early as 8am and only finishing at either 5 or 6pm where the traffic along the Sunway road and LDP is torturous. Even though I'm only doing 3 units this sem (thanks to my summer effort :P), the overall time I spend in Uni is actually longer than previous sems. Really sapping. My energy levels are at a all time low, body feels like it's been ran over by a bus (several times) even though I haven't done anything really physical.

Despite the fatigue and grumbling, I find the units this sem to be quite interesting. BioprocessTechnology is like an introduction to the processing done at the industrial level, while Microbiology is fun... fun as in the labs are fun, playing with bacteria and all. But the lecture content is killeriffic. Lots to remember. And then there's Biochem, I haven't been attending many lectures because they all happen to fall at 8am, so sometimes I don't get out of bed in time... :(
I realized i'm not a morning person after all.

The only thing that has been getting me through rough mornings and traffic jams is great music, particularly tracks from Aphrodite (once again promoting Kylie!), which are so uplifting and it really helps brighten my day. :)

I'm sure my system will get used to this new schedule eventually, I hope it does so before the assignments and reports come in full force some time next month!! *gulp*

Till then, stay positive everyone! I know I need to :)

No comments: